Smarter, Better Identity Theft Prevention
Smarter, Better Identity Theft Prevention introduces your trainees to the truth and myths about identity theft prevention. The training is designed for all employees and workplace participants who perform any work functions online or who are responsible for “offline” confidential information. The module provides smarter, better ways to protect employees and employers from identity thieves.
Trainees will learn:
- Identity theft basics
- Who do thieves target?
- What are the common identity theft scams and traps?
- How will you know if your identity has been stolen?
- How to prevent identity theft
Risks and Subjects Covered:
- Identity theft: what is identity theft; how to recognize identity theft scams and techniques, including phishing; how malware is used to steal identities; the real harms of identity theft; the red flags that show a trainee’s or your organization’s identity has been compromised and what trainees should do if they suspect their or your organization’s identity was stolen
- Data theft vulnerabilities and protection: that data has value and why thieves want to steal it; the types of personal and professional information thieves seek; and how trainees can properly secure and dispose of their and your organization’s online and offline sensitive data to prevent theft
- Privacy Protection: how data theft can permit online criminals
to view and compromise private information
Audience: All employees
Format: On-demand video, compatible with iOS devices
Length: 15-20 minutes
Trainer Available: Yes. Questions are received and answered via email from
Testing: Yes. Includes a pre- and post-questionnaire of five questions.
Certificate of Completion: Yes
Written Materials: Yes
Interactive Scenarios: Yes
Closed Captioning: Yes
Customization: Yes. The module can be changed to incorporate organizational policies and procedures; state or regulatory statutes, and can be adapted to other languages.
Contact us for pricing or to request a demonstration.