Risks and Solutions: Preventing Wrongful Termination
Risks and Solutions: Preventing Wrongful Termination is an online training module for managers and supervisors. It is available 24/7, and defines and clarifies the serious risks and consequences of illegal and improperly performed terminations. Managers will learn the impact of wrongful termination on employees; the risks wrongful terminations create for managers and employers; and their responsibility to prevent wrongful terminations.
Trainees will learn:
- What is wrongful termination
- The types of wrongful termination, including termination for discrimination, reporting wrongdoing, and retaliation
- Acts that constitute wrongful termination
- Who can commit wrongful termination
- Where and when wrongful termination can take place
- What is retaliation and the risk it presents managers and employers
- Who are whistleblowers and why they are protected
- The risks involved with termination, including terminating contract employees
- A manager’s role in preventing wrongful termination
- A manager’s responsibility to terminate employees properly and respectfully
Risks and Subjects Covered:
- Equal employment: Trainees learn about wrongful termination including its relationship to federal and state laws; the types of wrongful termination; explanations of wrongful termination as it relates to discrimination, whistleblowing, retaliation, and employment contracts; and the litigation risks of ignoring acts that could constitute wrongful termination.
- Liability: Trainees will learn how liability is imposed if they terminate employees for performing legal acts or refusing to perform illegal acts.
- Retaliation prevention: Trainees will learn about retaliation in the context of wrongful termination and how they can lower their exposure to this serious risk.
- Proper management practices: Trainees are encouraged to respect all employees; the costs involved with terminating employees, including the litigation risks and how to address wrongful termination if it is alleged.
- Loss Prevention: Trainees learn the importance of observation; reporting acts that could constitute wrongful termination promptly; enforcing employer policies; cooperating with investigators; and refraining from retaliatory actions.
Audience: Managers and supervisors
Format: On-demand video, compatible with iOS devices
Length: 30-45 minutes
Trainer Available: Yes. Questions are received and answered via email from McCalmon trainers.
Testing: Yes. Includes a pre- and post-questionnaire of ten questions.
Certificate of Completion: Yes
Written Materials: Yes
Interactive Scenarios: Yes
Closed Captioning: Yes
Customization: Yes. The module can be changed to incorporate organizational policies and procedures; state or regulatory statutes, and can be adapted to other languages.
Contact us for pricing or to request a demonstration.