Smarter, Better Email
Smarter, Better Email is an email “dos and don’ts” training and orientation course for any employee who utilizes work email via employer or personal devices. The module addresses proper email etiquette and boundaries, as well as the liability and security issues that go along with the improper use of workplace emails. Trainees will learn:
- How to write a workplace email correctly: using proper grammar, spelling, contact information, and avoiding ALL CAPS
- Proper use of email features, like Reply All or marking all emails a priority
- The risk of spreading malware through email
- Respecting the online boundaries of coworkers and workplace participants
Risks and Subjects Covered:
- Data Protection: how spam and unwanted email slows systems and creates the risk for malware and phishing
- Employment practices: how improper use of email can spur employee claims of discrimination, harassment, or bullying
- Litigation exposure: how emails are forever, even if deleted, and improperly worded emails can lead to misunderstandings between workplace participants
- Communication: how one-to-one personal communication is the best form of expressing thoughts and ideas
Audience: All employees
Format: On-demand video, compatible with iOS devices
Length: 5-10 minutes
Trainer Available: Yes. Questions are received and answered via email from
Testing: Yes. Includes a pre- and post-questionnaire of five questions.
Certificate of Completion: Yes
Written Materials: Yes
Interactive scenarios: Yes
Closed captioning: Yes
Customizable: Yes. The module can be changed to incorporate organizational policies and procedures; state or regulatory statutes, and can be adapted to other languages.
Contact us for pricing or to request a demonstration.