The McCalmon Group, Inc. provides services to assist small and large human resource departments in managing their employees with increased effectiveness and reduced risk.
Best Practice Help Line
The Best Practice Help Line allows organizations to speak to experienced best practice consultants,* licensed attorneys with twenty years or more experience counseling and defending employers, regarding workplace risks:
- Policies and Procedures
- Return to Work
- Accommodation Requests
Best practice consultations can address reports, threats, allegations, or charges of:
- Retaliation and Wrongful Termination
- Theft, Fraud, and Embezzlement
- Assault and Battery
- Conflict of Interest
- Sexual Abuse
- Wage and Hour
- Cyber Risks
- Violations of Policies, Codes or Laws
- Other Issues
There is no limit to the number of calls or the time spent on each call. Follow-up calls are welcome. For information on a consultation, contact us.
*The Best Practice Help Line does not provide, and is not a substitute for, legal advice. Although McCalmon best practice consultants are licensed attorneys, no attorney-client relationship or privilege will be established on any call.
Leadership2 Model Employee Handbook
Researched, written, and continually updated by McCalmon’s employment practice, the Leadership2 Model Handbook offers:
- Hundreds of pages of policies and information
- Over 100 model policies and best practice suggestions and
- Total integration into McCalmon’s learning management platform, allowing users to print, edit or download all policies.
Best Practice Minutes and Tips
Concise, informative, and immediately useful on-demand audio and video presentations, approximately one minute in length, that focus on a particular workplace risk. Produced on a quarterly basis, the Best Practice Minutes and Tips are the perfect tools for management and human resource personnel to use to gain a quick understanding of how to address emerging risks.
Here are just a few of our timely topic examples:
- Depression, Leave Policies, and the ADA
- English Only Policies
- Cyber Crime
- Retaliation and the Affordable Care Act
- Holiday Party Risk
- Family Responsibility Discrimination
- Teen Workers
- Documenting Discipline