Risks and Solutions: Preventing Pregnancy Discrimination
Risks and Solutions: Preventing Pregnancy Discrimination is an online training module for managers and supervisors. It is available 24/7, and defines and clarifies the serious risks and consequences of committing and not reporting pregnancy discrimination. Managers will learn the impact of pregnancy discrimination on employees and other workplace participants, like contractors and customers; how to recognize pregnancy discrimination; and their responsibility to identify, report, and prevent pregnancy discrimination.
Trainees will learn:
- What is discrimination based on pregnancy
- The types of pregnancy discrimination
- Acts that constitute pregnancy discrimination
- Who can commit pregnancy discrimination
- Where and when pregnancy discrimination can take place
- The harms of pregnancy discrimination
- Warning signs of who might be a victim or perpetrator of pregnancy discrimination
- A manager’s role in receiving reports of pregnancy discrimination
- A manager’s responsibility to communicate pregnancy discrimination reports to those trained to investigate these allegations
Risks and Subjects Covered:
- Equal employment: Trainees learn about Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Pregnancy Discrimination Act and the prohibitions against pregnancy discrimination in the workplace and the litigation risks of ignoring pregnancy discrimination.
- Retaliation prevention: Trainees will learn about retaliation in the context of pregnancy discrimination and how they can lower their exposure to this serious risk.
- Proper management practices: Trainees are encouraged to set a positive example for employees; how ignoring pregnancy-based jokes or comments can lead to pregnancy harassment charges; and how to address pregnancy discrimination and harassment.
- Loss Prevention: Trainees learn the importance of observation; reporting pregnancy discrimination or harassment promptly; enforcing anti-harassment policies; cooperating with investigators; and refraining from retaliatory actions.
Audience: Managers and supervisors
Format: On-demand video, compatible with most iOS and Android devices
Length: 30-35 minutes
Trainer Available: Yes. Questions are received and answered via email from
Testing: Yes. Includes a pre- and post-questionnaire of five questions.
Certificate of Completion: Yes
Written Materials: Yes
Interactive Scenarios: Yes
Closed Captioning: Yes
Customization: Yes. The module can be changed to incorporate organizational policies and procedures; state or regulatory statutes, and can be adapted to other languages.
Contact us for pricing or to request a demonstration.