Risks and Solutions: Preventing Age Discrimination
Risks and Solutions: Preventing Age Discrimination is an online training module for managers and supervisors. It is available 24/7, and defines and clarifies the serious risks and consequences of committing and not reporting age discrimination. Managers will learn the impact of age discrimination on employees and other workplace participants, like contractors and customers; how to recognize age discrimination; and their responsibility to identify, report, and prevent age discrimination.
Trainees will learn:
- What is discrimination based on age
- The types of age discrimination
- Acts that constitute age discrimination
- Who can commit age discrimination
- Where and when age discrimination can take place
- The harms of age discrimination
- Warning signs of who might be a victim or perpetrator of age discrimination
- A manager’s role in receiving reports of age discrimination
- A manager’s responsibility to communicate age discrimination reports to those trained to investigate these allegations
Risks and Subjects Covered:
- Equal employment: Trainees learn about the Age Discrimination in Employment Act and its prohibition against age discrimination in the workplace and the litigation risks of ignoring age discrimination.
- Retaliation prevention: Trainees will learn about retaliation in the context of age discrimination and how they can lower their exposure to this serious risk.
- Proper management practices: Trainees are encouraged to set a positive example for employees; how ignoring age-based jokes or comments can lead to age harassment charges; and how to address age discrimination and harassment.
- Loss Prevention: Trainees learn the importance of observation; reporting age discrimination or harassment promptly; enforcing anti-harassment policies; cooperating with investigators; and refraining from retaliatory actions.
Audience: Managers and supervisors
Format: On-demand video, compatible with most iOS and Android devices
Length: 30-35 minutes
Trainer Available: Yes. Questions are received and answered via email from
Testing: Yes. Includes a pre- and post-questionnaire of five questions.
Certificate of Completion: Yes
Written Materials: Yes
Interactive Scenarios: Yes
Closed Captioning: Yes
Customization: Yes. The module can be changed to incorporate organizational policies and procedures; state or regulatory statutes, and can be adapted to other languages.
Contact us for pricing or to request a demonstration.