Risks and Solutions: Preventing Gender Discrimination
Risks and Solutions: Preventing Gender Discrimination is an online training module for managers and supervisors. It is available 24/7, and defines and clarifies the serious risks and consequences of committing or not reporting gender discrimination. Managers will learn the impact of gender discrimination on employees and other workplace participants, like contractors and customers; how to recognize gender discrimination; and their responsibility to identify, report, and prevent gender discrimination.
Trainees will learn:
- What is discrimination based on gender?
- The types of gender discrimination
- Acts that constitute gender discrimination
- Who can commit gender discrimination
- Where and when gender discrimination can take place
- The harms of gender discrimination
- Warning signs of who might be a victim or perpetrator gender discrimination
- A manager’s role in preventing gender discrimination receiving reports
- A manager’s responsibility to communicate gender discrimination reports to those trained to investigate these allegations
Risks and Subjects Covered:
- Equal employment: Trainees learn about Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and its prohibition against sex or gender discrimination in the workplace and the litigation risks of ignoring gender discrimination.
- Retaliation prevention: Trainees will learn about retaliation in the context of gender discrimination and how they can lower their exposure to this serious risk.
- Proper management practices: Trainees are encouraged to set a positive example for employees; how ignoring gender-based jokes or comments can lead to gender harassment charges; and how to address gender discrimination and harassment.
- Loss Prevention: Trainees learn the importance of observation; reporting gender discrimination or harassment promptly; enforcing anti-harassment policies; cooperating with investigators; and refraining from retaliatory actions.
Audience: Managers and supervisors
Format: On-demand video, compatible with iOS devices
Length: 30-35 minutes
Trainer Available: Yes. Questions are received and answered via email from McCalmon trainers.
Testing: Yes. Includes a pre- and post-questionnaire of five questions.
Certificate of Completion: Yes
Written Materials: Yes
Interactive Scenarios: Yes
Closed Captioning: Yes
Customization: Yes. The module can be changed to incorporate organizational policies and procedures; state or regulatory statutes, and can be adapted to other languages.
Contact us for pricing or to request a demonstration.